Neighbor's hen

No big deal....it's all good and BTW, I already love you because you also have two Great Pyreneese.....I adopted one about 7 months ago. I adore Her and she is just not the least bit interested in the chickens or ducks. They walk around her when she is lying in the yard. Never has she chased them or bothered them....I love her to pieces.....as I'm sure you do too !!.....great dogs..
smile.png

Quote:

Last edited:
Love it when a plan comes together. Didn't even need a fake egg or even put one of her's in the new a-frame.

I could tell this morniing she wanted to lay an egg just by her actions. After watching her go to where the old nest was, after she checked it out twice, she strolled right over to the a-frame, made a nest and proceeded to lay an egg. It was like she knew exactly what it was there for.

Last edited:
Here's the issue that I see:

She doesn't belong to you. What I would do would be to knock on the neighbor's door, inform him that the hen is hanging out at your place and offer to give him $2 for her. If he agrees, as soon as you agree on a price, be sure to get a receipt.

If he doesn't agree, ask him to keep her off your property or else to pay for the feed that she eats when she is there.

It sounds to me like he doesn't really want her, so you should be able to take ownership legally.

Oregon Blues is the only person who makes since!!! My neighbors chickens are in my yard everyday, and I would not even think about keeping any of her chickens. The right thing to do is give it back.I don't think anybody on here would like that at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For all we know she probably goes across the street and gets pills from lets say a woman named Beth. People should be more kind. If they know who it belongs to they should make an effort to return it.
somad.gif

I would go over and offer to pay the neighbor. Make it a decent amount so he'll say yes--like $10. She has chosen you and IMO you should protect her!!
smile.png

Quote:
I second this. Problems or no, your neighbor should be aware of this. If he wants the chicken back, let him have it. My guess is that it will come back. If it does, go over and say the same again. Repeat. This way, he'll know you aren't stealing his chicken, just looking out for it.

Back
Top Bottom