Neighbors pit bull killed all my sweet birds. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things..
first.. I used to live in Bradenton also!!
frow.gif

Secondly.. I wouldnt hand my dog over to you either... nope..
Did you really think that someone would actually hand over their dog to you?? Really? If you came to my door and told me what happend..i would be SO sorry and try to make amends any way that i could... but i would literally laugh in your face if you told me to hand over my dog..
But i WOULD be more careful with my dog in the futrue and make sure that i paid you for your chickens...
Thats about all that they can do... be more careful..and make SURE that the dog dosent escape again.. and pay you for the damages...
Now way i'd hand you my dog though... IF i was going to put my dog down.. it will be done by ME.. not some pizzed off neighbor.
Just being honest about that...
I'm very sorry for your birds.. I know that i would be VERY upset too!
Cant you call animal control??

Also.. i would go back and edit the stuff about the mods.. no need for it...
You're allowed to be upset about this... but not allowed to call folks out on this forum... Just go edit it and i think you'll be okay... maybe..

Last edited:
WRONG! Call animal control and tell them to get off their rears in accordance with Florida Statutes 767.01, 767.11, and 767.12. This is not simply a "civil matter" - the law requires animal control to investigate a potential dangerous animal - and this one qualifies under 767.11.

Find out what it would cost to replace your entire flock with animals of equal quality - including shipping - and present the bill.

Wow. Angery anyone? Something tells me he/she was angery before the chickens died.

All I got to really say is how is it the dogs fault? Dogs are preditors and preditors prey.... now I guess the OP wants natural instincts to just go away. It's 100% humans fault, so why should the dog get put down?

Lucky you aren't my neighbor. I don't play nice.

Quote:
Well, I'm from the West and if my dog had gotten out and jumped into a chicken yard and slaughtered all the chickens and my neighbor came up and told me about it and I knew the dog was out - well, I'd either put the dog down on the spot, or take it in to be put down and invite the neighbor to come with me to see it done and know it was over.

Of course, I'm a little biased given I saw the disemboweled foal staggering around when I was a kid - but I think more dog owners would be responsible if they could recover from cranial-rectal inversion and understand what dogs are capable of doing.

Quote:
Because once an animal has a taste for blood, he will kill again and again. Instinct or no instinct. It is very unfortunate you have horrid dog owners who have no sense of responsibility for their animals. I know the OP is mad and I certainly feel his pain, I had a neighbor dislike me because we refused to let him run his 4 wheelers on our land and he hated horses. One winter my draft mare, who wouldn't hurt anyone, came up with an abscess on her face. The vet lanced it and we pulled a pellet out, funny how that got there when the neighbor had threatened to shoot them and me some months prior. Couldn't prove it was him as we didn't see him do it but no one else disliked me enough to do something that disgusting.

If it were my livestock...shoot, shovel and shut up....

One, some power-happy ban hammering mod will pull this post as well and go on to tell me about how inappropriate my words are (suggesting that a donation might ease up on how hard my posts are looked at in the future) in which case I will just quit and walk away and two, I don't know if I want to get more birds and go through this again.

I'm very sorry for your trouble and your poor birds, but you may have this site confused with some other forum. We don't have any"power-happy ban hammering mod" here. That said, the pain in your post is heart wrenching and your anger understandable. Hopefully, law enforcement will do what they can to alleviate your neighbor problem. Wishing you all the best in that regard. Seems it may be best to close this thread so you can step back and take a breath. Name calling and insulting the staff will not help your situation.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom