neighbors

I find it very hard to believe that a large number of people in your neighborhood have nothing better to do than be concerned about someone's having chickens and tell others that they wish you would move.
You should tell whomever told you that poo about poo/smell that you wish he/she would move and to get the hell out of your house.
9574_complaint_dept.gif

Last edited:
I till my run occassionally to help stirup new stuff for them and it helps with any odor there maybe too. Really, I can't see the chickens making enough odor to even get to the neighbors unless the coop and run were on the lot line.
roll.png
Some people just like to complain and stir up trouble.

Thanks White Elk, robbinaggie, pdsavage,Farmer Kitty, joebryant, and Javamama for your kind and helpful remarks,and to everyone else who posted before also thank you.

I have been working a lot this last week to do everything to my yard, not only what was asked but way beyond that. So that the neighbors will be happy with it. They like to use chemical fertilizers and mow their lawns very short and then go water them. Well I mowed the lawn but I refuse to water. I probably made a pretty big carbon footprint this week with all the burning, but I was forced into that. As far as the landlord goes, I will be asking for a monetary compensation for what I have done. That tree was huge.
I am not sure I will get anything but hey, why not try?

I am still deciding if I want to continue to stay here. I am looking at a lot of options. I no longer want to put so much energy and money and time into a place like this. But, also, dont want to be to rash about moving. I will be keeping some chickens and getting rid of the louder ones.

So far the neighbors seem to be ok with it.
hmm.png

Again thanks everyone.
smile.png

Quote:
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Yes I found out people in the middle of the city keep chickens

I am looking primarily in "neighborhoods" to set up residence, they will like my Asian groun parrots
wink.png

Last edited:
We live in the city area. So we are CONSTANTLY cleaning the coop and run. Then we burn sage, or incense near the run/coop(watching carefully). It doesnt smell bad.

Kris, I hope I helped. The advantage to renting over owning is that your landlord is supposed to fix things. As far as your neighbors go, let them get ulcers worrying about your chickens. Just do what you do and take your time deciding whether to stay or move.

Best wishes to you.

robin

Just tell them you are seriously thinking of trading in your chickens for a couple of BIG LOUD MOUTH MACAWS, that scream all day and you might build an avairy for them on your side, in that nice neighbors corner. They'd make chickens noise seem like crickets........
lau.gif

Quote:
I know this is an old thread, but had to say this is my problem. The neighbor is a " parrot trainer", does kids parties, etc. Has over 30 birds [from the parakeets to macaws, cockatoos, and amazon parrots] that she puts out in pens on nice days.
My girls sing in the morning, but they scream all day.

Hope you're issues have settled in your favor.

Back
Top Bottom