Neighbours suprise

PaulaSB12

Songster
9 Years
Dec 6, 2010
I was talking to my next door neighbour (giving them some eggs) he told me when he was digging the soil under his fence he spotted a worm, next second a beak poped under the fence and grabbed it he didn't know they liked worms so much.

That made me laugh. My neighbor buys eggs from me (refuses to take them free) and he and his wife save their kitchen scraps to give to my flock. HE tosses it over the fence, often in the company of his visiting grandkids. He calls my ducks "the Hoovers" and occasionally will call out, "Give it a rest, Carl!" when my dominant roo is on a crowing spree.

My flock members keep a good four inches of ground on the OTHER side of our fence clear of any green, growing things. The neighbors think it's a hoot to see the chickens, ducks and geese poking their heads through to nibble on anything they can reach.

lol.png

When we go on vacations we pay r neighbor to take care of them by however many eggs they lay :) so if we r gone for a weeks vacation an my hens lay 8 eggs he get em' ( good way to keep him quiet about my chickens to the other neighbors ;)

Ah, it's so nice to hear stories of neighbors getting along with the crazy-chicken-people and their chickens. I hear one-too-many stories of neighbors hating their neighbors, and wars between chicken-people and non-chicken-people.

I have a neighbor that loves to ride past our house on her bike and call our free-ranging flock behind her. They come 'a-runnin to see what she's got, and she just laughs and laughs as they chase her bike. Then, she'll fling junebug's from a little bag, and watch as the ladies gobble them up. She's a dear, sweet elderly lady who loves our chickens' eggs.

It's good to know not all crazy-chicken-people have chicken-hating neighbors.

I love it! We're really fortunate with neighbors as well. They always slow down to say hi to the girls, and some even save them treats.

Back
Top Bottom