NEON green, What's it mean?

hugs.gif

Quote:
How was he doing before that? Might be heat maybe. Five years isn't a spring-chicken any more, but they can live longer. It's just about time for the follow-up worming as wazine is to be repeated. Maybe when you're back from vacation. In the mean time I'm very sorry to hear that your little guy isn't doing well.
sad.png

Yea, may be the heat. Still isn't 5 years maybe even 4 years a little young to pass away? And the pet sitter looked up cottage cheese and found it fattens chickens so maybe he will loose his skinny-ness.
sad.png

Didn't read whole post.... I will say that bright green is dehydration and malnutrition... What would I do... I would start a round of antibiotics immediatly.... If the bird is under 5 months I may choose to do Amprolin (of course separate the bird from the flock) I would do a inspection for mite/lice and then after the course of medicine I would worm. Feed him/her whatever you can get her to eat... Sometimes egg soaked bread is palitable to an ill bird or mashed banana.... If the bird isn't getting better a vet would be in order.. Should snap back in a couple days or????? Good luck

Geebs

Thanks, guys, for everything, but I'm afraid it was no use. The pet sitter called me this morning saying she found him dead in his little metal box on the ground. I don't know what to do now. I had this connection with Bato, he was a family member, a brother to me. I feel so done for. He had the most unique personality. Thanks so much for the advice, we were all just a little to late though. :'(

Awww hon, I'm so sorry. I know how that feels as I love my chickens dearly. They have such personality and really can get right into your heart. /hugs

I've been reading this whole thing and you have recieved so much good help that would have worked but the lord called him home. Im sorry for your loss Im sure Bato was thinking about you before he passed and threehorses has given soooo much help. Im sorry
sad.png
hugs.gif

Yea, Threehorses really helped :] Thanks, but to make matters worse...I texted the pet sitter saying "Put his body in a box of paper towels on the back porch, I'll be home to bury him." I mean back porch as in inside the house in the little room with a dryer and washer. She thought I meant outside. My mom came in and told me she thought I meant outside, and I said no, I meant inside. Mom says well, honey... all worried. I say, "Ok, I thought she would know. Ill text her to put him inside." My mom stops me and stares at me and says, "Lauren, he's gone." "what do u mean?" "His body is gone, something got him." I started to cry, "Aren't there feathers or blood as signs??" My mom said the pet sitter found the box perfectly untouched, no feathers anywhere, no blood, no signs. It was like he just disapeared. Im gonna go home to look for him.

Back
Top Bottom