Sick lavender/neon green poop?

I really hope you don't lose her. She looks like a sweet hen and it's terrible to lose a hen like that. @Timbers Happy Hens
Thank you! I’m really hoping she pulls thro as well. She’s still preening and pecking at bugs and she seems so awake! But she has no control over her legs or wings and I’m not sure that’s something she can gain back. I’ve included a picture of her from just two weeks ago. It’s hard for me to process that this floppy bag of bones is the same spry and crazy girl. Please be praying for my baby violet💜
IMG_0538.jpeg

I’m not sure that the feed is the problem as I’ve never had a problem with it with any other babies. I’m not sure if would be smart to feed just chick feed, I’d be worried my mature layers nutritional needs wouldn’t be met. And the all flock would be a good alternative if a 50lb bag wasn’t $30 in my area. Is it possible it could be toxic plant poisoning? Or is there any herbs I could give her? If it’s her liver is there anything I can do to help her?
Actually, chick feed or all flock is better for them than layer as long as you provide calcium for them. I was speaking in general for all your girls, just so it will be easier to feed them.

Very sorry to hear this. :hugs

Will you send her to your state vet lab for necropsy?
Likely not, the state lab fee for an avian necropsy is $100 plus shipping. I don’t really have that to splurge atm. My only other option is to watch my birds closely and monitor their weight. Perhaps look into vaccinations for all my birds to prevent this from happening again. I’m assuming it was mareks considering the paralysis and muscular degeneration. My other birds all look completely fine now.

Perhaps look into vaccinations for all my birds to prevent this from happening again. I’m assuming it was mareks considering the paralysis and muscular degeneration.
Sadly, the vaccination against Marek's does not prevent the infection, it only reduces the usual development of tumors. A vaccination will not prevent losses.

She’s not wanting to stand or walk anymore and only has interest in live insects. Her breathing also seems labored. Here’s her quarantine setup. She was pecking at a mealworm.
What have you been feeding it?
What is in the dish in this picture?

What have you been feeding it?
What is in the dish in this picture?
It was a mixture of chick starter, a scrambled egg and a fermented scratch, she had picked through it a little but quit eating on her own. I had been syringe feeding her for about three days or so. Electrolytes and egg yolks and a few mealworms and crickets when she was interested.

Back
Top Bottom