Nerf gun war

In a previous post you said give them chicks. Give animals to people who abuse them? And MALE animals when they find roosters annoying and TELL their kids to shoot at them.

OP, this neighbour is clearly very stupid. Talking to them could even result in danger to the chickens.

Now I like the idea of giving the kids some eggs. So I don't mean to be rude at all, I just don't agree with this approach.
abuse them lol, a nerf gun? please.
The best way to educate is the responsibility of ownership. and i'm not sharing my eggs with mean stupid people. I don't believe that are ether of those.

Also texas has some pretty good laws about livestock protection.

https://www.spca.org/law#:~:text=In Texas, two types of,civil laws and criminal laws.&text=Section 42.09 "Cruelty to Livestock,recklesly cruelly treating an animal.

Intentionally trying to harm an animal is a felony, $10k fine and up to 2 years in prison. See how funny it is when the idiot is sharing a cell with nasty nate.
oh please, a 5 and 7 year old is not going to do time or be fined.
and a Texas judge would fine you for call a nerf gun doing harm to an animal. Build a fence with razer wire, call the police and the humane society... Get a grip people. Its your neighbors little kids. Bring over some cookies for the kids and talk with neighbor about how you feel.

By giving the kids cookies/eggs/whatever, you are literally teaching them that bad behavior is acceptable. Thus, the children grow up and think it's ok to shoot chickens, so they go to the next level, and next level until they literally become abusers.
Thank you! What I meant.
@David61, well telling your kids to shoot at birds, even with a nerf gun, sounds like abuse, albiet a very mild form of it, to me.
They could get hurt if it hit their head. And letting the animals out of their run is not acceptable either, they could go into the road and be hit by a car.

I still don't understand why you thought giving them chicks would be a good idea. ESPECIALY male ones .....?

oh please, a 5 and 7 year old is not going to do time or be fined.
and a Texas judge would fine you for call a nerf gun doing harm to an animal. Build a fence with razer wire, call the police and the humane society... Get a grip people. Its your neighbors little kids. Bring over some cookies for the kids and talk with neighbor about how you feel.

Tell yourself whatever you want but they will fine the parents and/or they will do jail time. They take live stock laws pretty seriously down here. Even over here in arkansas I've had people fined over my cattle. Have had at least one person locked up because he didn't know what a barbed wire fence meant. We also don't put up with trespassing or breaking and entering. Something as simple as a fence is meant to mean stay out but signs help.

Tell yourself whatever you want but they will fine the parents and/or they will do jail time. They take live stock laws pretty seriously down here. Even over here in arkansas I've had people fined over my cattle. Have had at least one person locked up because he didn't know what a barbed wire fence meant. We also don't put up with trespassing or breaking and entering. Something as simple as a fence is meant to mean stay out but signs help.
people lack common sense everywhere. 5 and 7 year old kids with finger guns going to jail.

people lack common sense everywhere. 5 and 7 year old kids with finger guns going to jail.

Its also (not meaning to be rude of course) lacking in common sense to give roosters to someone who dislikes them, and deliberately tells their kids to bully them.
And no one said the kids were going to jail.

Ownership teaches responsible and having to care for the animal. Having to look at things from the other side always is. Males for so many reasons. you can think of any?
No, not any good ones.

They dislike roos and find them annoying, even telling their kids to bully them.
If you have to get rid of roos, try giving them to good homes.

Though I do agree about ownership, you should not just force chicks on people who have no intention of keeping chickens.

Back
Top Bottom