Nesting box filler: what do you use?

A question? My 16 week old girls were sleeping in a nesting box .. we have since blocked them!!! They still won’t roost ! They just snuggle together in a corner of the coop! Will they ever roost! (
They should have roosted for some time already.
Now for the questions..
Your location and climate.
How many chickens do you have, and are they all 16 weeks old.
How high is your roost.
Is roost higher than nesting boxes, or same level.
Post a pix of your coops' interior, Much easier to give advice then.

I will post a picture of coop tomorrow! Roots are opposite of the nesting boxes.. their basically the same level! Yes they are all the same age ( all Australorp ‘s) we are in N. Calif. right now the temp is 65 and it is 11:30 p.m daytime is in the 80’s!

A question? My 16 week old girls were sleeping in a nesting box .. we have since blocked them!!! They still won’t roost ! They just snuggle together in a corner of the coop! Will they ever roost! (

Can you get some pictures of your coop tomorrow? I've had just about every ventilation, space related, roosting height issue you can think of so if I could see your coop it would help a lot in helping you figure out what's going on! :highfive:

Can you get some pictures of your coop tomorrow? I've had just about every ventilation, space related, roosting height issue you can think of so if I could see your coop it would help a lot in helping you figure out what's going on! :highfive:
My new hens did this, every night I picked them up and placed them on the roost, and about two weeks later my efforts paid off!

Back
Top Bottom