Nesting boxes

NDchickenlady

Songster
Sep 2, 2019
Northern North Dakota
I currently have plastic nesting boxes but thinking of switching to a 4 hole galvanized steel one to create more space. Anyone know how these are in the cold winters? Will that bother the hens?

Attachments

• IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I could be totally off here as I've never used them, but it seems they would be cold, possibly frost in cold weather and be an oven in the summer.
Could you post a pic or link to what your referring to?

I build mine out of wood so I have no experience, just offering an uneducated thought.

I could be totally off here as I've never used them, but it seems they would be cold, possibly frost in cold weather and be an oven in the summer.
Could you post a pic or link to what your referring to?

I build mine out of wood so I have no experience, just offering an uneducated thought.

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 1
I currently have plastic nesting boxes but thinking of switching to a 4 hole galvanized steel one to create more space. Anyone know how these are in the cold winters? Will that bother the hens?
I literally just have an old wooden cat house. I’m trying to get more nesting space, so I put a basket of towels in an old doghouse, but apparently it’s not good enough for my birds. They can be so stubborn! Anyway, I’m going to get some buckets from Home Depot, and turn them into nest boxes.

Back
Top Bottom