Nevadans?

Poor girl! I bet she fought hard for as long as she could. Like toddlers, aren't they? Always where they shouldn't be. lol Lucky you found her!

Love the blue partridge silkies! They are so neat looking! I don't have any lavender birds....must resist. Must resist!!! As long as PapaBrooder lays off the Orpington auctions...ha!

And the khaki color is so different. Very pretty!
lualshannon posted pictures of the BW Ameraucana chicks she got from me (they are 5 months old) on the Ameraucana thread. She also sent me a PM saying that "Walt" the poultry judge and friend of hers, was impressed with the quality of the chicks and suggested showing the rooster! Along with the same feedback from Pips&Peeps, what a great compliment and validation of my breeding program!!
big_smile.png

I wonder if I can get some more blue partridge Silkie chicks by breeding these guys to my porcelains. I sure am liking them! They are much darker than the pictures show. Pretty good crests for not having vaulted skulls!

I really need to work on getting my bird numbers down so I can set up my breeding pens again!

Last edited:
lualshannon posted pictures of the BW Ameraucana chicks she got from me (they are 5 months old) on the Ameraucana thread. She also sent me a PM saying that "Walt" the poultry judge and friend of hers, was impressed with the quality of the chicks and suggested showing the rooster! Along with the same feedback from Pips&Peeps, what a great compliment and validation of my breeding program!! :D   

I wonder if I can get some more blue partridge Silkie chicks by breeding these guys to my porcelains. I sure am liking them! They are much darker than the pictures show. Pretty good crests for not having vaulted skulls! 

I really need to work on getting my bird numbers down so I can set up my breeding pens again! 

I love the wheaten girls I hatched from you. Their feathers are so light and pretty. Can't wait for them to lay. I'm thinking a few more weeks at least. The OEs and the CochinX are starting to turn pink and fill in. Hopefully the little handicapped girl will lay first. Shes so sweet and skittish, just want her to find her little egg song and make some noise for once. Lol

We got our FIRST (and second and third) EGG!!!
wee.gif
The day our girls turned 4 months our Barred Rock decided to bless us with and egg then the next day our red sex link decided to follow suit. This morning when I let them out I was raking their run and turned to rake near their food where they all had been standing and there was an egg. I'm assuming it's from the Rock again, (she didn't lay one yesterday) WOW was I surprised! Before it was a big nesting, noisy ordeal in their coop but today this one looks as if it just fell out.
hu.gif
Is this normal when they're "learning" to lay?

Thank you
Kristen

I love the wheaten girls I hatched from you. Their feathers are so light and pretty. Can't wait for them to lay. I'm thinking a few more weeks at least. The OEs and the CochinX are starting to turn pink and fill in. Hopefully the little handicapped girl will lay first. Shes so sweet and skittish, just want her to find her little egg song and make some noise for once. Lol
Crazy how time flies by and your chicks from me will be laying soon!! Curious to see what color egg the Cochin cross lays. Her mamma laid a golden brown egg and her father carries the dark chocolate Marans egg gene, so I would guess a dark egg.
pop.gif

I wonder if the Ameraucana pullet with the funny eyes doesn't see well and that is why she is so skittish? Poor thing!

I filed the crossed beak on the d'Anver cockerel chick yesterday with a regular people nail file. First time I have done this and was surprised how easily it filed down! It is much easier for him to eat now!

awww is he a speckled sussex? my most FAVORITE chicken ended up being a SS roo so we had to rehome him. But thanks to Mandy in Virginia City, he now has a small heiram of ladies he's entertaining
love.gif
thanks for sharing the beautiful picture!!!

Yes, love him so sweet! Hubby not so sure, had to re home the last one I had, he was so sweet also so I am fighting the good fight to keep him
1f603.png

What age did your kids start to lay? Waiting for my first eggs! 6 girls, 4 black jerseys and two speckled Sussex. About 15 weeks now
We got our very first eggs this week! Our girls were 4 months exactly...to the day. Our Barred Rock monday, Red Sexlink tuesday and this morning when I was out raking their run the Rock laid her second egg. Our buff orp and easter egger haven't followed suit yet but we're waiting on pins and needles. So keep checking, yours should be making their grand entrance any day now I would imagine.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom