Nevadans?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FlamingChicken!

What a coincidence - I just turned 21 for the 30th time earlier this year!
lol.png

Where did everybody go?
th.gif
Yep. Just like Peeps said, busy, busy, busy! Kids are coming in a few days so I finally finished the tree, got almost all the lights up outside and started to straighten up the guest room. I guess when they get here the chicks will have to share the bathroom with us cause that's the chick's room right now. :) I love this time of year and I am so excited to see the kiddos!!! We also got about 4" of snow today. It snowed all day up here but a friend told me there was no snow in Reno proper.

Happy Birthday F.C.!!!

Last edited:
My backyard looked like it had dandruff, but that's about it. I've been busy, but not like I was in previous months... but I'm trying to spend less time on the internet so I can stop blaming problems on other stuff and just get them dealt with.

FlamingChicken: Happy 13th! It is a momentous time indeed as you are now *officially* a teenager!

(sez she who has been in her forties for a dozen or so years....)

Hay all. Just stopped by for a quick check in. I need a barnavelder roo and so I left a message to Flowers of Aba. If anyone else out there is breading these I'd love to talk to you. Sonny, I noticed on the front of this forum there is a photo of a prizewinning hen. She looks to be a barney. Is she? if so, is she yours?

Mary Christmas all!

FlamingChicken: Happy 13th! It is a momentous time indeed as you are now *officially* a teenager!

(sez she who has been in her forties for a dozen or so years....)
Here too (well, add a year). Unfortunately I still remember those first teen years quite well.
Hay all. Just stopped by for a quick check in. I need a barnavelder roo and so I left a message to Flowers of Aba. If anyone else out there is breading these I'd love to talk to you. Sunny, I noticed on the front of this forum there is a photo of a prizewinning hen. She looks to be a barney. Is she? if so, is she yours?

Mary Christmas all!
She was mine at one time then she belonged to Aubrey. She is not with us anymore. :( I got her from Tru North Farms in CA. Orpington Manor ordered the chicks for us and I picked my 2 girls up from her.

So my waterers have been freezing at night (of course) and this year I decided that I am not going to be a sucker and lug them all in at night and out in the morning like I usually do.

Well we went to get a heated bottom thing for our large waterer and holy cow those things are expensive! But not just expensive, they're like the most overpriced things I have been faced with purchasing since I started this venture! No way Jose, not doing it. Instead we bought a new red bulb for our heat lamp and fastened it above our large tin waterer. Works like a charm. Take that little giant!

So my waterers have been freezing at night (of course) and this year I decided that I am not going to be a sucker and lug them all in at night and out in the morning like I usually do.
Well we went to get a heated bottom thing for our large waterer and holy cow those things are expensive! But not just expensive, they're like the most overpriced things I have been faced with purchasing since I started this venture! No way Jose, not doing it. Instead we bought a new red bulb for our heat lamp and fastened it above our large tin waterer. Works like a charm. Take that little giant!

I completely agree! The technology and materials involved in manufacturing the heated waterer in no way justifies that price!

In the old house we just hung a bulb over the waterer. It worked great. In this place we have no electricity out there so we are limited on what we can do. The large barrels work great until the temps fall into the teens, which they have done twice this last week. I need to sew up an insulated blanket for each of them. I'm hoping if we cover them each night that will solve the problem.

Back
Top Bottom