Nevadans?

Hello from Vegas!!
smile.png
Wow... wasn't expecting to find so many Nevadans on here....
awesome though xD

89630_little_chi_pie.jpg

frow.gif
Autumn1234, Windys, UrbanChickies, Eatin'Dirt, LV-Bird-Lover, vegasBC, and Nausicaa
welcome-byc.gif
's NV thread fellow Las Vegans! I'm so glad to have more locals to chat with. I have met ke_ben, Holly and evonne, and pm'd with peepshow. We are starting to get enough people we can share/compare info. I'm very curious as to where you all got your birds, get your feed and what breeds you have. Is anyone else on the east side of the valley? Do any of you get feed from the Walmart on Nellis/Craig? or Jones Feed, or IFA, or where? Are your birds just pets or a food source too? Ummm, I think I'm starting to sound a little too eager/verging on desperate so I'll stop. I don't wanna scare the new people.
wink.png
I'm gonna get some pics today of my setup, my chicks and my girls so I can share virtually...
big_smile.png

Quote:
Its alllll gooood! I got most of mine threw McMurry's & a few from Jones. I get my feed from walfart & Jones. I am on the most westnorth part of town. Mine are pets, & to keep the flies down, I have horses, too. & Then for the eggs, for us & my dogs.
smile.png
Looking forward to hearing about yours too
smile.png

Thanks to all that have welcomed us!!!
big_smile.png

We live in the NW part of the valley.
I've been using wal-mart feed until recently, I switched over to that new feed store V&V tack. My chickens seem to like it and my egg production has picked back up again. We have some buff orphingtons, barred rocks,1RIR
& 32 BCM eggs in the incubator. hopefully we get a good hatch. The wife really liked the look of the BCM's so I figured we'd buy some eggs and give it a shot on hatching them. There do to hatch on the 18th.

Last edited:
Eatin'Dirt :

Quote:
Its alllll gooood! I got most of mine threw McMurry's & a few from Jones. I get my feed from walfart & Jones. I am on the most westnorth part of town. Mine are pets, & to keep the flies down, I have horses, too. & Then for the eggs, for us & my dogs.
smile.png
smile.png

Do you get feed from that Walmart? the one at Nellis/Craig? I only ask cause it is quite a ways from where I live but the only one I know of that carries poultry feed. I always have to call before going to get it because they are always out and I don't want to waste the gas.
sad.png
I'm trying to see about getting some sent to one of the locations closer to me.

To get my flock I have tried it all ... and all without a roo.
big_smile.png

My first 2 hens were given to me. Since then I've bought a bunch off of craigslist (I don't really recommend this as I got some that were sick), made an incubator and hatched shipped eggs and eggs from local BYCers, was given a hen and chicks that friends found in their front yard, bought hens from a local BYCer, and bought some chicks from Jones. This year I have had two broodies hatch out eggs from the same local sources and two more broodies sitting eggs now. My chickens are loved but they are food too. Usually by the time I need to process they have given me enough reason to be on the list and it's not that hard but it's a good thing they all look the same underneath! I don't/won't have a roo. So...the boys are automatically on the list. For pics of some of my flock you can check out my page here on BYC. Oh, I gotta go take some more pics to add to that.​

Quote:
What brand of feed does V&V sell? I may have to check it out.
fl.gif
on your BCM hatch. Hope all goes well for you. Another local source for BCM's can only be a good thing!

Quote:
smile.png
smile.png

Do you get feed from that Walmart? the one at Nellis/Craig? I only ask cause it is quite a ways from where I live but the only one I know of that carries poultry feed. I always have to call before going to get it because they are always out and I don't want to waste the gas.
sad.png
I'm trying to see about getting some sent to one of the locations closer to me.

To get my flock I have tried it all ... and all without a roo.
big_smile.png

My first 2 hens were given to me. Since then I've bought a bunch off of craigslist (I don't really recommend this as I got some that were sick), made an incubator and hatched shipped eggs and eggs from local BYCers, was given a hen and chicks that friends found in their front yard, bought hens from a local BYCer, and bought some chicks from Jones. This year I have had two broodies hatch out eggs from the same local sources and two more broodies sitting eggs now. My chickens are loved but they are food too. Usually by the time I need to process they have given me enough reason to be on the list and it's not that hard but it's a good thing they all look the same underneath! I don't/won't have a roo. So...the boys are automatically on the list. For pics of some of my flock you can check out my page here on BYC. Oh, I gotta go take some more pics to add to that.

I go to the one on Tropical. & They only have been out one time in 2 yrs. You process them yourself?

Back
Top Bottom