Nevadans?

Quote:
What brand of feed does V&V sell? I may have to check it out.
fl.gif
on your BCM hatch. Hope all goes well for you. Another local source for BCM's can only be a good thing!

Kruse's 17% pellets

Went to the Big R store in Fallon again today. That place is dangerous! I never get out of there without spending at least $100!
wink.png
Oh, and I got a couple more new arrivals... Meet Thanksgiving and Christmas!

58980_tgxm_2.jpg

Peep_Show I know you don't think it's a good idea to name something you're going to eat, but I believe a well-chosen name goes a long way. My pigs, for instance, were named Bacon and Sausage.
big_smile.png

ETA: They are Broad-Breasted Bronze turkeys.
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has problems at that store.

Believe me, I could spend way more than that there!

Me too. It's a good thing I never have extra when I go in the store.

Quote:
The elongated summer here (the season we affectionately call Hell) can be stressful on the birds and owners. The primary thing to make sure of is that you have shade for your birds. A lot of coops here are under overhangs or under trees. After that, it's a comfort thing.... Put a wading pool pan of water in the pen, put ice in the waterers, serve up frozen watermelon and cukes, get a mister, provide some damp sand. There are a couple of threads on BYC that address hot weather and solutions. Unfortunately, sometimes the heat can be relentless with it being over 100 well past midnight.

NevadaRon

Touche! Give them food names, just not "pet" names. It's SO sad to realize you're eating a Herfie or Buttercup burger. Nothing wrong with a daily reminder of foretold destiny, though.

(I won a bunch o' money betting on a horse named Stir Fry.... Hopefully that wasn't prophetic!)

Quote:
The elongated summer here (the season we affectionately call Hell) can be stressful on the birds and owners. The primary thing to make sure of is that you have shade for your birds. A lot of coops here are under overhangs or under trees. After that, it's a comfort thing.... Put a wading pool pan of water in the pen, put ice in the waterers, serve up frozen watermelon and cukes, get a mister, provide some damp sand. There are a couple of threads on BYC that address hot weather and solutions. Unfortunately, sometimes the heat can be relentless with it being over 100 well past midnight.

I was planning on putting up a mister system in the pen area and flooding it out as well in there open pen area during the very hottest parts of the day. They seem to really enjoy it, when we flood out there pen area.We've done that after letting them "free range"the yard. Hopefully that would be enough!!When we raised rabbits we used to have a swamper running constantly and didn't want too do that again. That got expensive!!

Back
Top Bottom