New 9300 Little Giant

kingmt

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2009
Mason WV
I just upgrades my incubators. I still have the old ones but I got the new ones that are digital. This one has a temperature prob. I can't quite figure where this should lay. In the bottom under the egg turner sounds the most reasonable but the leads are so short it make it a little tricky &a bit of a pain opening & closing the top.

Also has anyone confirmed the readings on these. I have some that hook to my PC which I have one hooked to it that is reading about 4F lower then the Little Giant one. I have more to cross check with it tho.

The temp probe, stapled on the plastic sheet, lays on top of the eggs. Make sure to use another thermometer next to the probe that you know is accurate. Mine works fine but I have heard that some of the new digital Little Giants have issues.

Thanks

I moved the prob to the top of the turner & now the temperature reads within .5F of a degree of my accurate ones.

One thing that is still pretty odd to me is I have it set at 100.1°F but it runs at 99.5°F. It stops calling for heat at 99.5°F & calls for it to cone back on at 99.4°F. Does the same set at 99.5°F so I'm confused. Maybe it has bad logic.

I did bump it to 100.4 but had to run so I'll have to see if it comes up some when I get back.

I got one of those too. I used it to hatch my Coturnix eggs. I didn't have a turner so I just laid the portion on top like the directions said. I got a pretty good hatch. Seven out of twelve.
The other eggs never formed.

I looked over the instructions but they were for the old style do they didn't cover that.

Since I turned the temperature up to 100.4°F it now runs at 99.8°F to 100.0°F which is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom