New addition to A.C.F. Rescue :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Jan 20, 2013.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Meet Tessa, a 2 month old TINY Welsummer chick. We don't know is "she" is really a "she", but whatever the result, "she'll" be either staying with us if she's a girl, or going back to her old owner is she's a cockerel. The reason we adopted her was because she has a broken foot that sticks out on her right side that makes it very hard for her to walk, and needed a loving flock to take her under their wing. :)
    [​IMG]
    "She's" a very sweet chick, peeping while you hold her.
    [​IMG]
    She is out with the girls, and loves them all. Sizes don't matter with her.
    [​IMG]
    Love this pic, tiny Tessa (smaller than the rabbit!) is pressed against Trixie for support with 2 worrying mother hens watching suspiciously.
    [​IMG]
    Clara has definetly taken "her" under her wing, she cuddles her, lays with her and watches over her protectively. See the broken leg that sticks out? That makes it very hard to keep "her" balance.
    [​IMG]
    And how to better end the night then to fall asleep atop Clara's warm neck, loving "her" new home with a loving mother hen.
    [​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Aw that is so sweet. I'm glad the flock is looking out for Tiny Tessa.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Aw, lucky little chicken!

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I hate to say it but Tessa looks like a boy.....nice for you to take him in. I don't mean to sound.rude...but has Clara been wormed recently. ...I know she was a rescue.....something about her face expression makes me.think of that. Cute pics of all of them.....

5. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Thats what everyone is saying, "she's" a boy. :( But, we just are enjoying the time we have the lil chicky.... No, I don't worm my chickens. They are all being fed electrolytes to boost their immune systems.

6. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Super cute chick, hope you can keep it!

7. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    I always love seeing how your animals care for each other, ACF. What a great start you're all giving that little one!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    can her leg be fixed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by