1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Anti-Spam System

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Just wanted to say looking forward to seeing Chester and the hens!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. marucatodd

marucatodd New Egg

Mar 5, 2011
    Iam a new member and want to ask a question with no pictures do I have to wait

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    If you simply participate in our community for a little bit, our system will determine that you aren't "new" and will let you post pics. [​IMG]

4. chickenwhisper2

chickenwhisper2 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2011
    Although I am a new member, I would like to say thanks for being concerned about spamers and protecting the BYC members. This tells me a lot about you as an administrator and the other BYC members! I am glad to be a part of this wonderful group of folks! Thanks for all you do to make BYC so much fun and informative.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] Well said! It's great to be part of a big forum which keeps its spammers under control.

And welcome to BYC!

6. chickenwhisper2

chickenwhisper2 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2011
    Thanks for the thumbs up and the welcome!

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] chickenwhisper2

8. Peas-n-Carrots

Peas-n-Carrots Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    I'm a new member as well - have to say that I'm a little bummed about not being able to post pics yet, but i do understand. Not gonna to rock-the-boat![​IMG] I do have one question though: what if I'm not a very active poster. Will it take me longer to move out of the "new" catagory? I'm doing more reading than posting cuz I don't want to ask a question that may have already been answered tons of times.

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Don't be afraid to ask any question you have. Sometimes the one asked a ton of times, are the only ones I know the answer. [​IMG]

Imp- you will be able to post pictures soon enough, Welcome

10. Paul333

Paul333 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2011
    Venice, Florida
    I am new to chickens and this site . How do i post a question? I built an aluminum coop and run and live in florida and put seachell as a base and have some questions such as Is it ok to have 4 week old chicks outside it is 50 at night here I also have a heat lamp out there for them if they get cold. When do they lay eggs? I have 4 chicks 3 diferant breeds can I post pics to find out what they are? I know thats a lot but like I said Im new [​IMG]
    :

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by