New as a member, but read all the time

Dom Lover

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2019
East Tennessee
Hi, I'm Dom Lover and do not have, nor have ever had chickens to raise. So all the help I can get is gladly accepted.
I am interested in, and plan on purchasing my first Dominique chicks this spring. Hubby inherited his grandmother's homestead of 44 acres and we are building a small log cabin. We hope to have it completed by the end of October, so this will be my first "country" home as I have always been a city girl. So looking forward to retiring to country living where I can have all the animals I can take care of.
Right now I am looking for hatcheries that will sell Dom chicks for a small number. Since I am just starting, I really just wanted 2 baby ladies, but the smallest minimum I could find was 3. I can live with that. So far I have only found 2, Cackle and Meyer's. I live in Tennessee, so if anyone knows of a closer hatchery for Doms that will sell for 1-3 chicks please let me know. And thanks for all the good information I've read in the past. It has really helped and I have a booklet of all my notes.
So introduce yourself and fire away.......

Hello, Dom, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Honestly, you really don't want to get just one or two chicks. Three is a good number. Sometimes, chicks fail to thrive and die. If you only had 2 and one died, the other would be terribly lonely and stressed. I have used Meyer and they are good.

Hello, Dom, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Honestly, you really don't want to get just one or two chicks. Three is a good number. Sometimes, chicks fail to thrive and die. If you only had 2 and one died, the other would be terribly lonely and stressed. I have used Meyer and they are good.
Thanks, that is the one I have been leaning towards.

Look up your state thread ask if anyone breeds them may get some that way good luck on the new life ask you understand chicken math I went to the poultry auction for very young birds just a few yes got 3 of those then 4 ooops then 9 I have had birds 5 years here grew up on farm with many chickens mainly cattle and horses
Welcome to Backyard Chickens

Back
Top Bottom