New babies, can you tell if We're boys or girls? we're BR maybe.

chickensnax

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 24, 2009
south Texas
These are my two babies that turned into Barred chickies, I'm not sure if they're rocks or something else, due to a mixed flock and unknown parentage. They came from a recently accuired flock that are already two years old or more. they're being raised by a BO but they could be BR, Red somethings, BO, or even from my blk moma, they all share nesting boxes.
wink.png

They were both born very dark with very clear plus signs on the top of their heads, the younger one by five days has more white on the head and face area, and as they grew older was a little bit lighter in coloring.

Here they are at just days old.
jumpy.gif

44957_2046.jpg

44957_2016.jpg

and here they are at six and half weeks
44957_2079_2.jpg

44957_2052.jpg

and sometime inbetween
44957_2019_2.jpg

If I go by the standards on BR they should be males but they dont really look like males to me. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks
th.gif

I don't think the lighter one is a purebred BR. If the darker one is purebred BR, I'm not sure what to say on gender. Coloring looks very girlish, but the comb and wattles are awful big for six and a half weeks.

Edited to add:
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I keep trying to get good pictures of them but they are not tame and won't stand still for me to get a close up shot of them but I will keep trying, They are seven weeks today, or the older one is the lighter colored one in a few days. They have what looks like all their younge feathers in and I don't see any pointy ones or shiney tail feathers and no waddles yet, but I know they are still young. THeir father is a BR but I don't have any idea about which one is the biological mom.
hmm.png

44957_2060.jpg

Back
Top Bottom