New Babies - Can You Tell Me The BREED??? PICS

mommto3kiddos

Songster
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
These are my new 8 babies from TSC. Of course they were in the "Mixed Pullet" bin. The girl that worked there was about as smart as my dog when it came to poultry. Im so excited, but I have no clue what breed they are..
- Any Ideas?

Itty Bitty (x2)
(I have 2 of these, and they are TINY)

IMG_9115.jpg

My Little Speckeled Girl

IMG_9118.jpg
IMG_9117.jpg

The "Poof" Twins

IMG_9120-1.jpg
IMG_9121.jpg

Daddys Favorites

IMG_9123.jpg
IMG_9126.jpg

Oreo (My son named him)
- He has fuzzy feet too

IMG_9127.jpg
IMG_9129.jpg

Last edited:
the "poof twins" are almost deffinatly silkie or silkie x.

the "itty bitty" is probably a bantam breed but I don't know which one.

I have no idea on the speckled one, or on "daddy's favorites"

the last one...oreo...is probably sultan, silkie, cochin, or bramah...

I know its not the best help but its a start. When they get a little bigger, around 3 or 4 weeks, they will be ALOT easier to tell.

The poof twins are silkies. The first one could be either a pheonix bantam or oegb. The second one i have no idea.
hmm.png
The forth one is some sort of cochin. And the third are probably the same as the first. But on those i would say more likely oegb. Very cute chicks!
thumbsup.gif

They're all bantams but the first two are mysteries to me. #1 I'll guess Grey Japanese, #2 Buff Sebright, the poof twins I know are Sultans, "Daddy's favorites" are probably OEGB, and the last one is a Light Brahma.

itty bitty could be: silver seabright
little speckled girl:
idunno.gif

the poof twins: i would say they are NOT silkies, they don't have dark skin..nor did you mention an extra toe in there
Daddy's faves: prolly OEG
Oreo: looks like Blue Cochin bantam....or could be poorly colored black cochin bantam

How many toes do the white "poofy" ones have? If they have 5, they are Sultans, if 4, then they are White Polish. They aren't Silkies because Silkies have black skin and legs.

Oreo looks like a Brahma. (Light Brahma, I think.)

I'd love to know what the speckled girl is.

Back
Top Bottom