Silkie saga

I noticed Freya the chocolate silkie wasn't settling down last night with the other silkies, she looked like she was on a mission, I found another perfect little eggie in the box this morning. I now have 4 exactly like this, I think they are the most perfect eggs ever laid! They seem to have nice solid shells, smooth, even, and a cute plump shape 😊

20240119_074203.jpg
And they are hard to photograph, they look so incredibly better in person 🤩

I noticed Freya the chocolate silkie wasn't settling down last night with the other silkies, she looked like she was on a mission, I found another perfect little eggie in the box this morning. I now have 4 exactly like this, I think they are the most perfect eggs ever laid! They seem to have nice solid shells, smooth, even, and a cute plump shape 😊

View attachment 3729047
And they are hard to photograph, they look so incredibly better in person 🤩
What a beautiful egg! ❤ The camera never does anything justice. 😊

What a beautiful egg! ❤ The camera never does anything justice. 😊
I know they say the rounder eggs being pullets and the longer eggs being cockerels is a myth, but all 4 of Freya's eggs are nice and round and I would LOVE to have them all hatch out as pullets! Who am I kidding, I'd love for 100% of this pen of silkies eggs to hatch out pullets 🤣🤣🤣

I know they say the rounder eggs being pullets and the longer eggs being cockerels is a myth, but all 4 of Freya's eggs are nice and round and I would LOVE to have them all hatch out as pullets! Who am I kidding, I'd love for 100% of this pen of silkies eggs to hatch out pullets 🤣🤣🤣
I've heard that too but have never given it much thought when I set eggs. Please do an experiment and let us know so we can hatch out only pullets too! 🤣

I've heard that too but have never given it much thought when I set eggs. Please do an experiment and let us know so we can hatch out only pullets too! 🤣
I will be putting all her eggs into one hatching section and I'll be banding them (the stretchy chick leg bands) I want to track who hatches from her eggs to watch for any frazzles, plus any cockerels will be split to chocolate and I want to keep track of them. I have a hatch tracker, I'll add a column for egg shape and a follow up column on gender 😃

Last edited:
I will be putter all her eggs into one hatching section and I'll be banding them (the stretchy chick leg bands) I want to track who hatches from her eggs to watch for any frazzles, plus any cockerels will be split to chocolate and I don't want to keep track of them. I have a hatch tracker, I'll add a column for egg shape and a follow up column on gender 😃
A hatch tracker sounds fun to use! I will be egg-cited to tag along! 🥚 🥚

Back
Top Bottom