New baby!

howfunkyisurchicken

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Tn
So I just made a post a little while ago about one of my 5 week olds coming up missing, and the neighbor whose turkey poults I was visiting when said chick went missing. My neighbor had 20 turkeys hatch over the last couple of days. She had 6 eggs that were left unhatched. My neighbors was just about to toss those eggs (which she said were cold and hadn't been sat on since yesterday when chick # 20 hatched), when she decided to open them to see if they were fertile. As it turns out- all 6 of them had been fertile, but 5 of them had quit sometime ago. She showed up on my porch in a panick (she opened it expecting to find dead chicks or rotten eggs and had knicked it a bit, it was bleeding pretty bad
hmm.png
). So, me being the sucker I am, took the egg and removed little bits of the shell with a pair of tweezers. This little one has been out of its shell for about an hour now and is really improving
lol.png
I was almost certain it was going to die not long after it was out of the shell
86165_2011-05-31_11-24-46_222.jpg

So now my new baby is nestled in a towel taking a nap in my shirt. I tried putting it in the brooder, but its seen me and peeps constantly if I leave it. Guess I'll be raising another pocket baby. I raised a rooster in my pocket last spring and he's turned out to be the sweetest guy ever. Wonder if my turkey will love me as much? I've never had a brand new baby turk before, just from 8 weeks on (my neighbor purchased the parents of this baby from me last winter). He/she came from a Black Spanish hen X Royal Palm/Boubon Red tom. I think its adorable, and its helping me keep my mind off my missing chick!

Back
Top Bottom