New Back Yard Farmer.. Forced Rescue!

I believe a coon got 2 of my 3 ducks.. RIP Khaki Campbell & Jumbo Peaking..

It was a gruesome halloween morning forsure. I Made sure a trap is set and the surviving duck and chickens are very secure now never had a problem. I notified the neighbor also as they have the same type of run/coop they have never had an issue here.

Wife is Devastated, But Predator Attacks Happen Just Learn From Them!

There was really nothing left of the Khaki Campbell and the jumbo peaking neck was shredded.

20191031_101342-1024x768.jpg

20191031_101338-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:

It was a gruesome halloween morning forsure. I Made sure a trap is set and the surviving duck and chickens are very secure now never had a problem. I notified the neighbor also as they have the same type of run/coop they have never had an issue here.

There was really nothing left of the Khaki Campbell and the jumbo peaking neck was shredded.
I am so sorry.... That's terrible....
:hit

When I got the notification, I got excited thinking it'd be good news. I'm very sorry for your loss...

20191031_101342-1024x768.jpg

20191031_101338-1024x768.jpg
Sorry bud :( That just plain sucks.

When i had raccoon problems they shredded them on site but took them off the property. I dont have experience but that seams like mabye a smaller animal like weasels or mink, Or are you sure its raccoons?

I have to think mink or weasel too @Jpat

I am so sorry for your loss, poor babies. Did this happen over night or during the day?
Your little Runner not injured?
She's going to need some friends now after she recovers from shock and injuries if she has any.

Never underestimate a predator.

So sorry for your loss. Most predators will be back after they make a kill. I have several game cameras up around on my property and hardly a night goes by when I don't see usually a coyote but others too on at least one of the cameras. Last night it as a black cat. Hope you catch your predator. I had a fox problem early this year. I set out traps. I let the fox take the bait for a few days then set the traps and caught the fox. It killed my special bird during the middle of the day and I had seen it during the day. No more. Good luck...

Not to state the obvious but I don't see where anyone else has asked but I did not go through the last 10 pages on the thread. So are you locking them up at night in a predator-proof safe coop? Hardware cloth all around? No way for a mink, weasel or anything could get into it?

It's for sure Coons last night / this early morning.. they came back looking at the chicken coop.. I need a better bait.. Picking up a 2nd trap this afternoon..

The attack was early on the 31st did my day light check and they were dead dead.

Runner that I nursed back to health was not attacked. I have a line on a few more ducks should have them mid week.

Last edited:
It's for sure Coons last night / this early morning.. they came back looking at the chicken coop.. I need a better bait.. Picking up a 2nd trap this afternoon..

Runner that I nursed back to health was not attacked. I have a line on a few more ducks should have them mid week.

i was fascinated with trapping as a kid, my grandfather was a pro animal trapper. Anyway, peanut butter is the best bait for animals like mice, rats, raccoons or anything else that lives near humans and is known to eat garbage. They are used to the smell of human food waste and peanut butter has a very strong lasting smell

i caught 5 coons in the spring time with Peanut butter on bread

Back
Top Bottom