New beginnings?

DragonHordingBirds

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Hi! No, we've had them for around...2 or 3 years maybe

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
20 chicken and 2 ducks

(3) What breeds do you have?
6 wyandotte
4 easter eggers
2 Golden Sex link
2 welsummer
6 undetermined (my parents don't remember what they were)
And 2 young ducks we don't fully know how to take care of (they were basically an impulse buy)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The eggs I suppose, but we are going to be getting much more than the 4 of us can use on our own

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Personally I like to crochet

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm currently in my final year of highschool and living with my parents and younger sister. We have 3 dogs and 3 cats outside of our flock

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found the community while looking for information on our ducks

And I have a question for the community as I have been unable to find an answer elsewhere, we currently don't have any brewers yeast but can bakers work for short term?(we haven't tried it yet)

Last edited:
Your flock sounds lovely, and no doubt, your girls produce some pretty eggs.

I know there are differences between the types of yeast, but I don't know if one can be substituted for the other. Are you looking at yeast to supplement niacin for the ducks? When I have runner duck babies, I feed them lots of frozen peas (cheap and easy to find) to supplement the niacin, and all have turned out fine.

I think most folks here will understand the "impulse buy" thing. That's a good explanation for several of my flock.

Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom