New Bird Sick

The tylan 50 should be injected intramuscular into the breast and change locations each injection. 3 times a day. Not sure if I said that before.

Last edited:
I decided not to use any antibiotics due to the withdraw. The hen made a great turn around so I put her back outside yesterday. She went back down hill being outside. I did a thorough cleaning of the coop. A couple other birds sneezinget now. I added heat to the coop to help keep them warm so their calories came be spent staying healthy. I think they are all starting into molting too. Added high protein crumbles and apple cider vinegar to the water. I'm sitting tight and just seeing what's going to happen. Hoping it just a cold or something minor since she hasn't passed.

Chickens don't get colds, they get diseases. I am glad to hear they are getting better but whatever decision you make i wish you the best.

I wanted to give closure to this. I'm excited to report all chickens are doing very well nearly a week later. Some rest and TLC went a long way. No antibiotics used. I'm so thankful!

Back
Top Bottom