New Brahma Group: Blue Partridge x Partridge, Plus Dark

He is looking a little Roo-ish to me. Give him another week or two, though.

That's what I was thinking. I was having trouble deciding if the chest feathers were the more solid red or there was some patterning in them. This is the only one I really have a question about, but I think it's the only blue partridge male I'll have, if it is one.

This video literally took about 5 hours to upload to YouTube. No idea what is wrong lately, but it's a wonder it uploaded at all.

0.jpg

So cute! And so laid back.
They are precious, aren't they? Can't wait until they are completely feathered.

Super cute! And getting big
love.gif
Some have really long legs, some are very round-bodied (mostly the pullets). So, they are 4 weeks old and the Barred Rock crew is 6 weeks old. Growing up fast!

They are over 4 weeks old now and I still am not sure on that one Blue Partridge chick. The others are more clear as to what they are, though I am not 100% on the Dark Brahma cockerel, could be a pullet still. Anyway, a cockerel who turns out to be a pullet is great, if that's the case, as long as I don't need that male. With almost all partridge, I really do not need a Dark Brahma male, but two pullets would work fine.

Any comment about any of the chicks is welcome. I am learning more about this color variety, trying to absorb knowledge. If you see good points, bad points, anything, feel free. Thanks so much! @brahmapapa look at your kids!

Same guy as in the first photo posted.

The unknown chick is on the far right here, individual photos of it at the end.

This one is still uncertain on sex. Very tall chick so leaning toward cockerel, but I can't tell if the chest feathers are patterned or not. I know, but this is the first time with this color, so sue me.

Last edited:
Picture #1 - cockerel
# 2 - boys
# 3 - boy, girl, girl
# 4 - (from the top) boy, girl, boy
# 5 - boy
# 6 - can't tell from that angle
# 7 - girl, ?, boy
# 8 - girl (75% sure)
# 9 - (2 on top) probably girl (top), girl
# 10 & 11 (same chick?) - boy

My humble opinion!