New Brahma Group: Blue Partridge x Partridge, Plus Dark

Pics
I have never seen brahmas close up, but understand they are a large breed. How big is Bash now, and how tall/heavy do you expect him to be? He is gorgeous! Your brahma girls are really lovely, too.

I have never seen brahmas close up, but understand they are a large breed. How big is Bash now, and how tall/heavy do you expect him to be? He is gorgeous! Your brahma girls are really lovely, too.

He's about 2 ft tall, not sure on his weight, but Brahmas take a long time to get to their full weight. They put on their frame first. He's not quite a year old yet and he'll probably grow for almost another year. I'd have to take the scale out and try to weigh him.

New chick pics! Both sisters have been excellent mothers!

First, Brandy's five who will turn 3 weeks old on Saturday. I see some patterned shoulder feathers on at last one Brahma. Two have very round bodies and one is more elongated and the wings came in differently so it could be two pullets and one cockerel in this group. There is at least one Barred Rock pullet, the other seems male to me.

And Bonnie's three will be four weeks old on Sunday. No idea on sex of the Brahma chick yet.

Last edited:
Hey, @Sjisty ,
this one I've marked as possible cockerel also has hock feathers jutting out while not one of the other three Brahma chicks does. It also has a longer body and a broader pea comb. If I had one male and three females, that would be great. The feathers on the hock seem not as soft as they should be, but it's early and the others don't have them at all so nothing to compare to. I won't be keeping him anyway, no matter what. I'd have to go back and check their parents, aunts and uncles at that age to see what they looked like at that age. These are 3 weeks old Saturday.

@junebuggena check out the kids! @brahmapapa Both girls are awesome broodies.

:love

Back
Top Bottom