New Brahma Group: Blue Partridge x Partridge, Plus Dark

I’m new here and I’m still reading through your Atlas thread (I’m on page 356 or near there), but I’ve read through the Brahma thread and you’ve made me fall in love with the breed. I’m a little disappointed I can’t have a rooster, or even a large number of birds, but maybe one day!

This is so exciting! And they’re so adorable!

I'm glad you're enjoying both threads!

So far 7 have hatched and I see only one pipped. Getting a little concerned about the others, not sure what the issue would have been since at about Day 16, they were all bouncing around in the eggs. Incubators are never as reliable as mama hen.

I'm glad you're enjoying both threads!

So far 7 have hatched and I see only one pipped. Getting a little concerned about the others, not sure what the issue would have been since at about Day 16, they were all bouncing around in the eggs. Incubators are never as reliable as mama hen.
Reading your threads has definitely made me want to get a broody breed if I ever decide to hatch.

Hatch did not go great, no idea why unless I can blame my malfunctioning hygrometer, BUT, I just set 18 more Brahmas with 6 Barred Rock eggs and will not rely on the hygro this time around (never done it this way, but we shall try unless I find my little analog one) Here are the 8 heathens.

By the way does anyone know how to get a SOP for Brahmas?
I'm not sure how or if it differs from the Australian one, but here is the one from that club I had bookmarked online. Would at least give you a good idea of what to look for and strive for. I've never quite understood why all this is a huge state secret so I guess I'm going to chicken jail for it.
Brahma Club Australia

And some very cool breeding information from that same site:
Brahma Color Crossing Info

Back
Top Bottom