New brooder

Texasmedic

Hatching
May 6, 2015
Decided to take some time from building my coop and build my girls a new brooder this afternoon. Their old plastic tub was feeling a little dark and cramped. The idea was to use scrap, which some of it is. But most of the framing is new wood. Luckily, 2x4's are cheap!

I put down some peel-and-stick vinyl to make cleanup easier, and the door on the side is perfect height for the trash can I use to hold shavings. They seem happier having the extra space.

Here's the coop that I started building last week, should get some big headway tomorrow.

Hi, your new brooder looks a lot like the one we made. With our 1st batch of chicks, we used a large cardboard box and it was so nice to have the new brooder for the 2nd batch of chicks. One of the things I like best about it is being more at eye level to watch the birds.

You have a really nice start on your coop. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Good job!
thumbsup.gif

Nice stuff!!

Is the coop going to stay under the porch roof?
If not, you might want to rethink the nest cover so it sheds rain.

It's not going to stay on the porch. There will be a sloped roof off the side to cover the nest box.

Back
Top Bottom