New Buff Orp and Light Brahma chicks

AtHomeDaddy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 24, 2008
Austin, TX
It was only a week ago that the neighbor's dog wiped our 6 Light Brahma and Buff Orpington chicks. That was our first effort at raising chickens.

After spending all weekend strengthening the fences and trying to decide when we would get more chicks, I found out that the farm store had more Orps and Brahmas in stock. So we brought home 4 chicks this afternoon.

Chicksv2003.jpg

We made a venture into the back yard yesterday, under the close supervision of a 4 year old "Mother Hen"

P1040688.jpg

Last edited:
Very cute! The one with the butt shot going on looks like a 'Big Bertha' to me! and to nhnanna, why not get some of all 4 breeds and fulfill all your fantasies?

I had some very mean Wyandottes and so very carefully screened the chicken charts, found the best layers with the most docile temperaments and got pairs of almost all of them. It is amazing that even though they can not see themselves, they KNOW who their 'sister' is out of the whole flock and they will 'buddy up'. It is unreal how they just know.

Aww, they are so cute! I'm glad you were able to find some new babies so quickly.
jumpy.gif

Jody

Back
Top Bottom