New chick...half water poop

verndoes

Chirping
Feb 16, 2021
Going on 3rd day with my baby chicks from rural king. Not sure age but probably only a few days old since I bought them the day RK received them. I have 12 total. I have a blue bell that is eating and drinking and overall looks healthy. But I noticed her poop is half water and half normal. Is this something I should worry about now? I've added ACV in water so far.

Do they have a plain source of water? What is her diet and how hot is the brooder?
No other water source. I can remove acv if you think that's the issue? This is only the 3rd time I've raised chicks. My previous experience was with silkies and bantams.

I'm using a heat lamp, and she doesn't seem cold too me. She's on the quiet side and enjoys being held. I do see her foraging, drinking, eating. She's one of 12 in the brooder.

No other water source. I can remove acv if you think that's the issue? This is only the 3rd time I've raised chicks. My previous experience was with silkies and bantams.

I'm using a heat lamp, and she doesn't seem cold too me. She's on the quiet side and enjoys being held. I do see her foraging, drinking, eating. She's one of 12 in the brooder.
She could be too hot ir not getting enough to eat. Ir just her system figure out solids.

Back
Top Bottom