New chick has sac hanging out

Mar 15, 2023
This is my first time hatching and something like this happening. I've searched online and not sure what to do. When the chick came out it had poop at the end of the sac and it look to be attached to the egg as well. It looks like it's coming out of the cloaca, should I try pushing it back inside?
20230315_123526.jpg

Attachments

• 20230315_123709.jpg
    20230315_123709.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Do not try to push it back inside you will kill it. There is a good chance that you are describing unabsorbed yolk sac which if that’s the case your chick just needs more time to absorb it. Can you get a picture of it?
I agree, posting a picture would be very helpful.

To post a video, upload it first to a site like youtube, then copy the link and share it here.

I agree with above posts. Are you sure it’s poop and not the cord attaching the chick to the yolk and shell? Definitely don’t push it back in. Get some pictures and we can help you figure it out.

Do not try to push it back inside you will kill it. There is a good chance that you are describing unabsorbed yolk sac which if that’s the case your chick just needs more time to absorb it. Can you get a picture of it?
I edited my post and added pictures. I haven't touched anything yet I'm too afraid of hurting the little guy.

I agree with above posts. Are you sure it’s poop and not the cord attaching the chick to the yolk and shell? Definitely don’t push it back in. Get some pictures and we can help you figure it out.
There was definitely poop attached when he first came out of the shell but it is not there anymore and he is no longer attached to the egg.

Back
Top Bottom