~New Chick Order~ Fuzzy Butts Are Coming!!!!

Mourningdove

Songster
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Cleveland, Tn.
I must be a real chicken addict as I have just placed my 2nd chick order this year
wee.gif
I was surprised at being able to do so considering alot of the breeds were sold out until 2010! There wasn't a huge selection of birds but I went with a small order of 10! I was also surprised that Ideal let me place a small order of 10.
This is what I am ordering in all pullets! Money order has been sent!
Now the ones with the X on the end I have never seen, so what can
you tell me about them?

2 Partridge Rocks X
2 Barred Rocks
2 Golden Lace Wyandotte
2 Partridge Chantecler X
2 Speckled Sussex X

My chicks ship on Aug.12th
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I have 5 speckled sussex along with 22 other 8 week olds, and have 25 cochin bantams coming in the morning!
wee.gif
I really love my SS. I had to order st. run of the speckled sussex and was able to get 22 pullets of the others. I ended up with 1 very tame rooster so far, and the girls are just as sweet as he is. All of my chickies are our pets, fly up and perch on our arms or shoulders and love to have their chests rubbed!
love.gif
They are also very tolerant of a very excited...that is... always excited 5 yo little boy!!!
barnie.gif

They are turning into very beautiful and colorful chickens with wonderful personalities. I can't tell you about the others, I haven't seen them either. Good luck!

Hi mourningdove.....When I wanted my chickens my husband gave me the big 'these are your chickens and you have to take care of them yadda yadda yadda' Still not sure why I got that speech. I bought the coop and all the extras. I'm certainly not a slacker. I tend the garden, work full time and mow the lawn and shovel the snow.

Any way he loves them as much as I do. When we talk at lunch he'll say how are you, what's going on and HOW WERE THE GIRLS THIS MORNING? Sometimes when he comes home from work I can hear his car door slam but he doesn't come into the house right away. Guess where he is? Walking out to the coop with some scratch to see how they are doing.

These guys put up this big front but we can see right through it.

Back
Top Bottom