New chicken addict in NC

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Hello! Wanted to say that I used to work at Carolina Town and Country and yes, they do have pullets as well as roosters and chicks. The chicks are all inside and the fully feather chickens are kept outside with goats and ducks and guineas and peafowl and sometimes pigs. They usually have a very interesting assortment.
This is one of the best times of year to be buying chickens because everyone is hatching eggs or buying from hatcheries and have too many.
I highly recommend that if you want to be absolutely positive what kind of chickens you have, you should locate a breeding flock and talk to the breeders. Too many times I have had trouble with hatcheries saying they carry one kind of chick and it turning out to be a different kind because of mislabeling. Unfortunately Town and Country doesn't know any more about their chickens than you do because they can only go on the word of the person who brought in the birds.
That being said, it is probably the best place in Sanford to get chickens.
If you want to go a little further north, I highly recommend Pittsboro Feed for chicks. They seem to take better care of the babies. They do not sell adult chickens, though, and they sell out of the young ones fast, so call ahead of time to be sure they still have chicks on any given day. ;)

Back
Top Bottom