Silkie_Mom

Songster
Oct 26, 2017
Arizona
Hello!
I'm Crystal from the scorching hot desert that is Arizona. I recently moved in with my boyfriend and his chickens. I'm so in love with them!

It's been about a week so far. We have about 20 older chickens of various breeds (Jersey Giant, Silkies, Marans, Minorcas, D'Uccle, etc.), 25 four month old Silkies and 1 porcelain D'Uccle that thinks it's a Silkie, and recently 4 what I believe are Production Reds that are about a week old today.
The baby Silkies have grown quite fond of me. I love being followed around by my little puff balls while I do my morning chores. They are such a joy!
I grew up on a cattle ranch in Texas, although we didn't have chickens (my German Shepards would have eaten them!). I have two daughters that are looking forward to a little bit of country life. I love refurbishing furniture and painting! Everything looks better with a new coat of paint lol. Can't wait to build my first coop!

Long post but I just get so excited talking about my new babies! PS- here is a pic of my fluffy butts. They are in need of a good bath soon lol.
20171025_064242.jpg

:welcome

Hi Crystal, cute photo of your little ones! Have you settled on a coop design yet? Looks like you're going to need one soon.

It's nice to have you here!
Thanks! And I know and I haven't decided on a design yet. I have lots of material to work with just need it to all come together into something lol. I already have a huge coop that the silkies would fit into with the older birds. But last time new chickens were introduced, only 5 out of 20 survived. And I would be very cross if somethi g happened to my silkie babies. Plus they probably wouldn't like that coop very much since they can't fly up to all best parts lol. I need something custom to my little non-flyers.

Back
Top Bottom