New chicken mom quickly falling in love

lil lulu

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2016
We bought a house in the country and finallu have the room to get some of the animals I have been wanting including chickens. My father in law gave us one of his old coops that we have repurposed. We started with 3 Barred Plymouth Rocks and 3 Sp3ckled Sussex pullets. I am pretty sure one of SS is going to be a rooster. I ended up getting 3 more. I purchased an Austra white, a light brown leghorn, and one hatchery choice. I thought the hatcjery choice was different from the austra white because they looked like they had silver colored wings but once I got them home I realised they look a lot alike. The only difference is the hatchery choice has a grey mid section between its wings. Does anyone know of a breed that looks similar to the austra white that I can look up pictures of to try to identify what i got?

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

I'd suggest posting pics when they are around 6 weeks old in the "what breed or gender is this?" forum - the experts there will tell you what breed you have.

All the best
CT

They definitely are different. The Austra White has 2 distinct black dots coming in on her feathers and the other is appears to be solid white.

Back
Top Bottom