New chicken pen out of pallets

Quote:
A well-behaved dog is a big help when preventing predators... Oh, heck, what do I know.
big_smile.png
I have one dog that wouldn't hurt a chicken to save her life and another that would kill them all, given a chance. Training had nothing to do with it. I just wish they were all like my Lucy.
love.gif

Quote:
A well-behaved dog is a big help when preventing predators... Oh, heck, what do I know.
big_smile.png
I have one dog that wouldn't hurt a chicken to save her life and another that would kill them all, given a chance. Training had nothing to do with it. I just wish they were all like my Lucy.
love.gif

Well, my american bulldog when was in the backyard. Killed a chicken when one had wondered in the fence with him. He was really aggressive at first when I put him on a run next to the chickens. I let the chickens out everyday and at first he would try to attack them. He would crouch down and try to sneak up on them. But I have spent a lot of time with him telling him no and rewarding him when he ignored the chickens. And like I said, now they eat from his dishes and he doesn't even look at them.

I think it all looks great! and as far as your dog goes, I think he will help. I have had m dog on patrol for over a year and we have not had any problems. Even lions pick on the small and weak, they don't want to fight for their food if they don't have to. I suppose if coyotes had a territory and a dog went in it, then there might be a problem. As far as climbers most come at night and if your dog doesn't stop them you coop should. ....seriously I think it looks awesome!

this is such a cool idea!! It looks good too.

I've been leaving the girls out to free range during the day while I'm at work since the dog and cat are in the back yard with them and are very protective. Recently the chickens have started hanging out in the garage with the dog and cat since they have figured out that the concrete floor is cool. I come home and the whole posse comes running out to greet me. An odd Dr. Doolittle scene.

Cool pen I built my coop out of pallets. I love reusing stuff, I am on the look out for more pallets to build a play house for my grand kids.

Quote:
So glad I dropped into this thread! Fencing and a play house for the grandkids... any guesses what I'll be doing at the new house this summer?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom