New chickens and ducklings :D Very pic heavy

KDailey

Crazy Cochin Lady
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
Bronson, Tx
Last week I made a thread about going to see some chickens. Well here are the pictures of what I got:

Old english game bantam rooster. This picture doesn't do him justice!
IMG_3214.jpg

Black old english game bantam hen. Paired with the rooster above.
IMG_3268.jpg

Red old english game bantam hen. Name is Prissy and she's a total love bug!
IMG_3223.jpg

Partridge Silkie hen (I think)
IMG_3230.jpg

Silver duckwing old english game bantam pair.
IMG_3255.jpg

Wheaton old english game bantam pair.
IMG_3259.jpg

Blue rosecomb trio.
IMG_3263.jpg

Black silkie hen (I think)
IMG_3272.jpg

Ameracaunas. Can anybody tell if the white one is a roo or hen? The brown one is younger so that's why she's smaller.
IMG_3274.jpg

Pair of Giant Black Cochins. The rooster is Big John and the hen is Madea because my boyfriend said she reminded him of a big black lady. (no offense to anybody) The hen is only 6 months old though so she's still got a lot of growing to do. She'll be slightly smaller than John.
IMG_3277.jpg

This is John's big butt in the chicken door. When he's in the door (or madea) nobody else can get in or out. lol.
IMG_3225.jpg

And the Swedish Ducks. Two blue and one black
smile.png

IMG_3282.jpg

And now for an update on my previous chickens.

The cuckoo marans. From left to right: un-named hen, Lola (favorite), and un-named rooster
IMG_3290.jpg

The buff orpingtons. 4 hens and a rooster, Gimpy (the only one not screaming. lol)
IMG_3296.jpg

This is a mixed bantam. Probably a serema/phoenix mix. Name is Chipmunk because it looked like a chipmunk when I got it. Any guesses as to gender? It's starting to get a comb but the other mix got a comb wayyyy before this one did so I'm not sure.
IMG_3302.jpg

This is Little Rooster. Very friendly. Same mix as Chipmunk. They're both very very small. They're actually over a month old in these pictures...
IMG_3303.jpg

The silkies. The one in the middle is not dead I promise. lol
IMG_3305.jpg

The bantam Cochins. First two are buff and the last two are silver laced or mottled. Whichever. I love the third one. She's just gorgeous. Pretty sure the last guy is a rooster. It has very very little feathering. lol
IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

The d'Uccles. 1-Porcelain, 2-Peach and white, 3-mille fleur, 4-mille fleur
IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

Easter egger hen (I think). I was told it's a pure Ameracauna but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?
IMG_3289.jpg

And that's the gang!

Quote:
Ya i'm pretty sure the d'uccle is a rooster too. Really, i'm thinking the porcelain and the peach/white one may be roosters too. Their combs are getting kinda red while the 1st mille fleur's comb isn't hardly at all.

After looking at my other two Ameracaunas I was pretty sure the white one wasn't full blood.

Thanks! He's my boyfriend's favorite. He didn't like my chickens until we got John. lol. He said the other day when we went to bed, "I love you....and I guess I love your chickens too...."

I was laughin so hard I nearly fell outta bed! Now he's all about building more pens and tryin to figure out which kind of chicken he likes. lol

Back
Top Bottom