New chickies!!! YAY! *UPDATE! PICS!*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickfluff, Apr 23, 2009.

1. chickfluff

chickfluff Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    San Diego
    YAY!! I got my chickies! They came in from MPC, in a nice cozy package. Right now they are almost 2 weeks old and getting huge and feathery! I didn't think they could grow so fast! And yeah, I would have posted when I got them, but I have been soooo busy and I just can't get away from those cute little guys!(they are all girls![​IMG]) Also, if any of you saw my other post in emergencies, well, yeah, my BR and BO got pasty butt. But thanks to the helpful info, I was able to help them, and they are happy and healthy now![​IMG] They are already used to me, and they always look forward to yogurt, which I just started feeding them. They love that stuff![​IMG] I have 1 BO, 1 BR, 1 EE, and 1 BA. They are so gorgeous![​IMG] well, anyway, this is my first time with chickies, so I hope I get it right! I'm so excited to see what they look like when they are hens!!!![​IMG]

Oh, and I will update with pictures soon![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    MUST see pics of the babies..
    Congratulations [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chickfluff

Apr 2, 2009
    San Diego
    Yay! Ok, here are the pics of my babies when they were about 2-3 days old.

This is my BR. This pic isn't very good, but it's the best I can do. She is the runt of the four of them, but probably the sweetest and the smartest of them all. oh, and her name is Pepper. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my BO. Her name is Peach, because she loves peach flavored yogurt! [​IMG] She is only a little bit bigger than Pepper, and she is the other chick that got pasty butt. She and her sister are fine now!
    [​IMG]
    And this is Flower, my BA. She's a real cutie. She doesn't really like to be held, and complains when I pick her up. but she settles for roosting on my thumb.
    [​IMG]

ok, I had to post 2 pics of my EE, 'cause she's my favorite (although I love all of them!). Her name is Embelia, which is a type of herb. (I like unique names!)
    [​IMG]

Cutie! She moves around constantly!
    [​IMG]

I love my babies! I can't wait to see their feathers when they are full grown, and I also can't wait for those fresh eggs! [​IMG]

(oh, and sorry Flower's pic is so small)

4. dorking king

dorking king Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:how do you post pics.

5. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    They are darling..... [​IMG]

6. chickfluff

Apr 2, 2009
    San Diego
    Quote:how do you post pics.

Just click the Forum FAQ's at the very top of this page (or any other forum page) and I think the second question is how you post pics. Hope this helps!

7. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    I just love pictures!!!! [​IMG]

They are darling!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by