New chicks arriving tomorrow! Super excited!

KHoward

Songster
12 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Boston
I can hardly wait for my new chicks to come in tomorrow, so I had to post something today. I ordered from McMurray and have a nice variety in the order. I tried to get as many Heritage* breed hens as were available for this shipping week.

Here is my order:
  • 4x Dominiques*
  • 4x Blue Andalusian*
  • 4x Speckled Sussex*
  • 4x Easter Eggers
  • 4x Cukoo Maran
  • 4x Black Stars
  • 4x Partridge Rock
  • 3x SC Brown leghorn*
  • 1x Mystery chick

We are having an unusually cold January here in Boston, but I have the brooder set up and everything is ready! Now, I just need the chicks...
fl.gif

I just wanted to share my excitement!

~Kristen

I have chicks coming this week also..
4 EE.
4 Bantam buff brahmas...
and what ever "packing peanuts Ideal throws in the box" could be 2 could be 10 it will be a suprise i guess.
I should get this first order thursday or friday.
my big prder comes from Cackle the end of Feb.

I will post pics of mine when they come. ... because ideal includes those random packing peanuts ... so we can guess what they are.. Thursday or Friday seems like forever ...

Oh boy. Well, I wish I had better news. I ordered 32, and received 34. I picked them up at 8:30 when the Post Office called. Today was a high of 46, so I thought that would be in my favor. Unfortunately, five arrived dead, and another six have died since this morning. I have four still on special watch, and the rest seem fine.

I am most disappointed because all of the Blue Andalusians died. I also lost a Crested Polish, Dominique, Cukoo Maran, two EE's, a Sussex and a Brown leghorn.

I expected to lose 2, but not 11. I contacted McMurray and they responded right away and want me to update them at the end of the week. Their customer service has always been terrific, so I know they will issue a refund.

The other part that stinks is that for me to get the breeds I want as a replacement, I need to wait another two weeks. I don't have two brooders so I ccouldn't mix day old chicks with two week old chicks - so I am out of luck until my next batch at the end of the summer, IF they have the breeds that I want.

So sad for the chicks - I hope the other four on special watch make it through tonight.

Oh boy. Well, I wish I had better news. I ordered 32, and received 34. I picked them up at 8:30 when the Post Office called. Today was a high of 46, so I thought that would be in my favor. Unfortunately, five arrived dead, and another six have died since this morning. I have four still on special watch, and the rest seem fine.

I am most disappointed because all of the Blue Andalusians died. I also lost a Crested Polish, Dominique, Cukoo Maran, two EE's, a Sussex and a Brown leghorn.

I expected to lose 2, but not 11. I contacted McMurray and they responded right away and want me to update them at the end of the week. Their customer service has always been terrific, so I know they will issue a refund.

The other part that stinks is that for me to get the breeds I want as a replacement, I need to wait another two weeks. I don't have two brooders so I ccouldn't mix day old chicks with two week old chicks - so I am out of luck until my next batch at the end of the summer, IF they have the breeds that I want.

So sad for the chicks - I hope the other four on special watch make it through tonight.
Oh, that stinks, bummer :(

Back
Top Bottom