New chicks from Ideal arrived today!

ajablu

Songster
11 Years
Jun 28, 2008
Northeast, PA
I have been reading some of the posts and was worried about my chicks coming from Ideal. I am in northeast, Pa and they all arrived alive and chirping. They were sent out yesterday with priority mail and I worried because it wasn't express, but they got here 7:30 this morning!
I couldn't believe it! I was told by the post office if it is priority I won't see them before Friday or Saturday.
Now I hope we don't lose any. So far they are eating and drinking well.
I have never had banty chicks as day olds before and was amazed at how small they are. We have Lavender Silkies, but these are hatchery quality not SQ. We also got D'Uccles, 2 leghorns, 2 cochins and my younger daughter got EEs and 2 NJGs. They are too cute!
Michele

It sounds like they are all doing good! Congrats on getting some new fuzz butts!
jumpy.gif

Thank you! I forgot how cute chicks this age are. We have not been able to stop watching them
smile.png
Thanks for reminding me about the electrolytes and vitamins. We were so excited getting ready for them I almost forgot.
I have an un-opened bottle of pedialyte left and some poly visol as was recommended by the breeder we bought our older blue/splash silkies from. He said to give pedialyte the first 2 days. Is this good for day old chicks or is another product better? My husband will run over to the feed store and pick up anything else I need.
I made them sugar water.
Michele

The breeder recommends pedialyte the first 2 days

This is MUCH BETTER than plain sugar water. Too much plain sugar water can give them diarreah.​

I will try to figure out how to post pictures here. I am kind of challenged in that department lol..
I will take some now !
Michele

Back
Top Bottom