New colours

cathalmire

Chirping
May 9, 2022
Hi i been wondering about this Quail trying to make sure if male or female..i think female but the chest colour like Tuxedo/Italian ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_125921.jpg
    IMG_20230910_125921.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 56
Are males face marking darker? I'm going to vent sex them as have a rosetta to check as well. Love the colour on it.

They are 10 weeks old now and no eggs? I haven't seen any mating so put them in bigger open area with more light

Are they getting at least 14 hours of light every day? Anything that stresses them could also be preventing them from laying.
They were outside in light area but i have them moved in more open area now one is a male Pharaoh the other is Rosetta not sure if male or female yet, normally i cud tell by chest marks but the white patches made difficult. Love the colour tho

They were outside in light area but i have them moved in more open area now one is a male Pharaoh the other is Rosetta not sure if male or female yet, normally i cud tell by chest marks but the white patches made difficult. Love the colour tho
Do you only have two? If so, you may not get eggs due to over breeding. Coturnix quail should be one male to five females. Keep a close eye on your second one (rosettas aren't feather sexable). If it turns out to be male, they might get along as long as there are no females.

Back
Top Bottom