New coop 2 years in the making....

I love all the ideas that you had and thought out in advance. That is a new concept for my household. We build then rethink. Hence two coops done and a third in the brain!~

I love your coop, it's so roomy! It has panache, I like the nesting boxes and the pic of the chicks on the ladder makes me laugh! You have room for so many hens, I wish we had a little more room and a bigger coop. It took us years to put together what we have now. We collected material a year prior to building it and then spent weekends putting it all together.

Thank you helloroe and hudsonhousechicks. The first one he built i am tooo emberassed to post pics of (that currently houses most of my seramas on the back patio) This one I was afraid of how it would turn out because of DH lack of carpenter skills but he really worked hard on this. It took us quite awhile to gather the materials but it was worth taking the time to do so. It currently houses over 30 banties comfortably plus a few ducks I had in there as well. The old coop I could barely fit thru the doorway and had to duck while inside so this is a real treat. The windows were $10 each! We bought the lumber when it was on sale as we could afford it but got alot of it from salvaging what people were getting rid of which really helped with the expenses. We also put hardware cloth over the windows on the outside so they can sleep with the windows open and not have to worry about predators getting in. It will look sooo much better painted to match the house and the cedar decking he got for $4 a board sealed up.

Last edited:
Thanks again
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom