New coop 2 years in the making....

Thanks Rick
smile.png
I will be updating this post as we get more stuff done. Hopefully by fall it will be complete.

Thanks chicken lady!
big_smile.png
I have yet to see another like it anywhere... I have had my eye out lol. All It needed was a good scrub and some scrap pieces of thin plywood on the back to hold the bedding in and voila!

Nitro3custom I am afraid you'd have a heck of a time finding a good spot in the rafters without being pecked to death by the greedy space hogs up there
lau.gif
DH originally thought he was gonna get to stick the lawn tractor in it but I won that battle
big_smile.png
Now to fill er up for winter! hahahaha

Love the coop!!! Esp. the Fruit Of The Loom-What A Find!!! The Ladder Too !!!! I have some old chairs---hmmm think I've got to remodel something-all these ideas----
thumbsup.gif

Good and bad points with having the ladder in there.... Bad thing is having to take it out daily and scrape the poo off and hose it down. Good thing about it is the frizzle hen can get to the high roost without mowing me down in the yard to put her up every night
big_smile.png

Another bad thing I am noticing is getting pooped on by the rafter dwellers lol. Gonna have to fix me up an umbrella hat or something to wear when I am in there. The chairs were gonna be tossed in the trash and the lader was to be burned since it's no longer safe for humans to use. It's amazing what you can find laying around that becomes useful for the birds, sure the chicken yard looks a bit tacky with broken down plastic chairs in there but heck I don't mind... Pretty soon ya won't be able to see in the run anymore once the vines take over.
big_smile.png
Big logs laying on the ground work great for them as well altho they like to be up high. I have also added tree branch roosts inside the run now for even more roost space. The longer they are in it the more I am really enjoying it. I am not looking forward to shoveling 175 ft of 5 ft deep snow to get to them when winter hits. Thats when I am gonna be missing the convenience of having them in the garage over the winter.

Back
Top Bottom