New Coop..Crazy Man..Lots Done Today, Many Pictures

ohhhh myyyyy gooooooodness
ep.gif
b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l
We need more men like you in the world
thumbsup.gif

Mad skills, fireguy - what you accomplish in 5 hours is ridonculous. You deserve a nap after all that - really beautiful work, and your hens will love it.

Looks GREAT!! and a lot a accomplished in 5 hours!

Are you gonna have the fold down access doors in the nest boxes, I assume?

Do you happen to have a drawing or pic of how the layout/plans of the inside are gonna be?...where you're gonna put feeders, waterers, etc....poop board, roosts, etc.?

Quote:
Hey Kuntrychick, No drawings or layout to post. Just did a few quick sketches of how I envisioned it to look. Will do auto door to let girls in and out, poop trays under roost, DLM, a ramp or two for easy access to roost and any other crazy stuff I think will make it simple on the girls and us. To me..chickens are suppose to be fun, not a chore. No poop scooping or washing waterers every day for us.....just chicken tv and a cold one to take away the stress of life. Will post more tomorrow as I get more acomplished....babies growing quick so I gotta get a move on it with new coop.
Erik

Quote:
Hey Kuntrychick, No drawings or layout to post. Just did a few quick sketches of how I envisioned it to look. Will do auto door to let girls in and out, poop trays under roost, DLM, a ramp or two for easy access to roost and any other crazy stuff I think will make it simple on the girls and us. To me..chickens are suppose to be fun, not a chore. No poop scooping or washing waterers every day for us.....just chicken tv and a cold one to take away the stress of life. Will post more tomorrow as I get more acomplished....babies growing quick so I gotta get a move on it with new coop.
Erik

Dang, Erik - exactly what you said, exactly why I'm here...although I don't have an auto door....

Dude, you and your coop are awesome!
smile.png
Interior pics, too please...I'd like to see the guts before they get covered over!
smile.png

My own coop expansion is on hold 'till help returns from the other side of the pond, mid-November. I'm losing heart a little, so seeing your project come together keeps me encouraged that mine will - eventually - too! My skills are 100% when I have someone alongside, but when I'm on my own, I can do some crazy things; lumber is too expensive to hack up!
smile.png

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom