New coop. Let the fun begin!

I put vinyl flooring in mine. 20170819_193236.jpg

How hard is that stuff to put down?
Easy, you just roll it out and cut it to fit. You can tack it down, or not. Mine isn't tacked, I find it easier to be able to lift up the edges to get the bedding that's slipped underneath out. When I first got it, the old lino was tacked and there was a lot of stuff trapped underneath the edges.

How hard is that stuff to put down? I plan on doing some googling to make sure I do it correctly. But what am I in for?
Pretty easy. I paid $80 for mine. Might have paid less but i just wanted to get it done. Usually comes in 12 foot lengths. I am putting trim boards around the edges to keep it tacked down. Mark and cut with a sharp blade. I may use my scraps inside the nest boxes.

If you do put down vinyl, you can lay it in a warm sunny place for a little bit. That will warm it up and help take the curve out from it being rolled up. You can also run a bead of caulking or adhesive just under outer edge to help prevent moisture and debris underneath.

Just got it finished today. 8x10. Good thing because 16 chicks will be here next week!
To do:
Paint exterior. I've got the Barn & Fence paint from Lowes
Build nest boxes (probably going to do the buckets)
Build roost area
Cut out exit/entry for the chickens
Build run
Put something over the floor. This is what I'm most concerned about. Still not sure what to use. I'll probably paint it just to seal it. As well as the rest of the inside. And maybe vinyl.

Does it ever end!?

View attachment 1118670 View attachment 1118671 View attachment 1118672 View attachment 1118673 View attachment 1118674
Make sure you get it anchored down...in case of high winds. Speaking from experience. Fortunate my girls were not in it when it went rolling across the yard!

Depending on what breed you get, size does matter. I tried the buckets for nests but my girls grew too big to fit into them and they couldn't turn around. You might reconsider...

Jealous of your shed. If I could do it over again, I'd build or buy one similar to that.

Just got it finished today.
Did you build that?
It's sweet!!

I used a good heavy duty foam backed vinyl, the only one one that didn't crack when I bent a corner, bigger than floor cut out corners and bent it up the walls, only need to tack it at top where it went up the walls far enough to flop. Used same materiel to line poop boards. Still good 4 years later.
Details on My Coop page.

Back
Top Bottom