New England - Metal roof or no?

I literally have NO experience building, so hearing from everyone is very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I didn’t even see your post about replacing the rolled roofing earlier. We have that on a screen porch addition and will need to replace it at some point...the plan was to do a metal roof because we get a lot of deep, thick ice backing up on it.

Thanks, those are great tips. My husband was saying he'd have to buy a blade for metal to cut it. This sounds better.
Once you use a plywood blade for cutting thin metal, it won't be any good for anything else. It does burn through those metal panels a lot quicker than the metal cutting blades. It also does not decrease in size either like the abrasive blades do. For heavy metal, a metal cutting blade is needed.

My avatar are some of our coops. They have metal roofs now because they leaked. We didn't want to have to replace the wood and felt. We have 1x4 purlins under the metal for air space. Since being in Florida hubby decided we didn't need 2x4's, and securely attached them to the coops and the metal attached to the purlins. Thankfully they held up with hurricane Irma.
IMG_20170318_152412.jpg

Back
Top Bottom