New Englanders! Much ado about New England!

Nice. Barred rocks are one of the breeds i want to get once we get started. I liked the glw too but my dad probably wont let me get them. He wants lots of eggs every week and all year.

Too true! I have some NH Reds that pump them out and are not as aggressive as RIR'S. I had them till the wildlife took them :( very good layers. My Americana's are fairly good 4 to 5 a week and I love the look on people's faces when they see them lol. Blue/green depending on who lays them!:D

Last edited:
I would love to have a colorful egg basket. But my dad said he wants brown. So if we can get a good handful of chicks/hens, then im going to be getting a couple ee from someone i talk to on here. But if we can only get a few then i have to get all brown layers. And he wants birds that lay 5-7 days of the week. He used to be a chef and im a bit of a baker and cook as well, so we always use eggs.

Nope! We're about 2 1/2 hrs north! 8 miles from Mt. Washington! You'd probably want RIR, NH Reds, barred rocks, or an Astrolop. Probably spelled it wrong, it's all black with teal. There all brn but the astrolope is the smallest. The first 3 are 2.9 plus. I've had them.

Last edited:
Australorps and barred rocks were already on my most likely list. Along with domoniques and speckled sussex. But theres so many out there that as soon as i feel like ive made up my mind i see another breed some where and start from square one again. Decisions decisions decisions lol

Australorps and barred rocks were already on my most likely list. Along with domoniques and speckled sussex. But theres so many out there that as soon as i feel like ive made up my mind i see another breed some where and start from square one again. Decisions decisions decisions lol
That's why I have a variety! I have some that are Very Good layers and some, like my 2 Cochin's, I fell in love with cuz they remind me of petticoats and pantaloons! I always give them a hug when they come out! And my Americana's lay such beautiful eggs and I love their beards! The others all look alike and to me are boring. But I love the fact that they pay me back for what the others eat lol PM me if you want to chat more!

Back
Top Bottom