New Ferrets!

Awwww! Cuties!
I've had ferrets for about 16 years now. At one point I had 5 of them rampaging around. I have two right now (Jake and Claudius).
Congrats on your new babies! It's amazing how much fun it is to have a big pile of them zooming about!
smile.png

We have a ferret and LOVE it! We have even converted a few friends that have them, now. The best description I've seen, is that they are like having a live cartoon in your house! LOL! We grew up having rats as pets, and these seem to be even more fun, and intelligent, although not near the focus or attention span!
tongue.png
We are so glad we got them! Congrats on your new babies!

Shelly

They are alot of fun! Breeze is my first experience with owning a ferret and I think my whole family is suprised how much they like her! My sisters would already like to take these boys from me, and so far having three isn't to much different then having one (other then the entertainment)!

Be aware that adult males in breeding season can get aggressive, is normally ok if they are kept together but if seperated for any length of time they can fight nastily when reintroduced. Know of someone who took the two hobs to the vet for treatment and while still knocked out were put into cage together as normal, when they came round they fought and both died. But they can and do live happily together for years.

We also had ferrets for years until we started our human family. Someday we will have them again. They are truly one of the most entertaining and loving pets you can have. But, they certainly are not for everyone.

Your's look wonderful ... very healthy and happy. We really miss their antics.

Thought I'd share a ferret story:

We lived in a mobile home at the time and had a huge male (neutered) who was just a love bug. We woke up one morning and heard a strange sound and we could hear him laughing hysterically (only those of you with ferrets can appreciate their laughter!). We got up out of bed and stepped into two inches of water!! Aw man! On the other side of our bedroom wall was the laundry room. We sloshed out into the hall and followed his laughter and the sound of water into the laundry room. There was water spraying all over; to the ceilings, the walls and out into the hallway. And there, behind the washing machine, hanging from the cold water hose (thank the Lord for that - it would have been awful if it had been the hot water hose), swinging back and forth was our lovable ferret. He was soaking wet, loving being sprayed with the water. There were little teeth holes up and down the cold water hose (none on the hot water - maybe he tried it and found the hose itself hot) which is why the water was spraying everywhere.

We don't know how he managed to get out of his cage (which he was always in unless supervised) but he was having the time of his life. It was really hilarious and we laughed for hours (as we cleaned up the mess).

Ferrets are just one thing only.......real live cartoon characters,a friend had 5 running around her house along with 2 german sheperds and 2 shelties,and if you've never played with a ferret on a linoleum floor,you've missed out.

Back
Top Bottom