New from Easter Nebraska

OrpOrp

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 26, 2014
Hello from Nebraska!

I have been lurking (and learning) for about six months trying to soak up some of the collective experience around here. :) Finally decided to join up and say hi.

I got my first chicks about three weeks ago--- four Buff Orpington pullets. (I had my heart set on Orpingtons, I don't know why. Orp Orp!) There's a little one that I'm a little suspicious might be a roo though, and they're feed store chickens, so it's totally possible. I got the "family" in on it, and now I have seven total chicks. In addition to the Orps we added a Black Sex Link, an RIR, and a little chipmunk striped mystery chick. (Oy, the chicken math.)

So far, so good. I haven't lost any (fingers crossed) and they all seem healthy and well. My little favorite is an Orp I named "Nugget".

In addition to the chickies I have a dog, Hunni, and old rescue cats Paris and Ranger.

I'm a full time student and have two jobs. I didn't need free time, did I?

I love it/them so far. What little characters. They make me smile every day (even while I'm washing poop out of their waterer... sigh...).

Glad to meet you all!

Ardena

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

images

Orps are the best breed to keep!! At least that is what I think.
tongue.png
They are all I keep. Very friendly, docile, affectionate and quite hardy. You will love them!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Welcome to BYC from West TN ! Chipmunk striped could be an Easter Egger? But I have to say it, they will all be Easter Eggers for you !
big_smile.png

Correction Unless the one is a Roo !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom