New from Northern California

Mrs.Featherhead

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 1, 2010
Redding
Hi ! I just want to say how happy I am to know I am not alone in my chicken passion/obsession. Aside from one good friend and my chicken mentor here I really have no one who understands. They don't come out and say I am nutty.........but it's something in the way they look at me when I start talking chickens. I don't really care though because my chickens make me happy. They make me smile and laugh out loud and they make me eggs.

Currently I have hens: 1 Ameracauna
1 BRL Wyandotte
1 Brn Leghorn (her name is Spaz)
3 Cornish Bantys (don't know why)
3 SLW Bantys
2 Buff Orp Bantys
1 Red laced Banty
and last but not at all least my bestest Roo "Roy Orpington" he is a Buff Orp Banty

AND because one can never have enough chickens, am I right? I am getting 20 Columbian Wyandottes and 5 Blue Wheaton Ameracaunas (they are in transit tonight and I am soooo excited!)

In March I am getting 12 Welsummers, 8 blk and blue Ameracaunas and 5 Delawares. Of course I do not plan to keep them all.

I am a dog Groomer and many of my clients are interested in buying eggs. They will buy the Banty eggs, but I know they really want bigger ones so that is my plan.

My other passions are my horses,dogs , cats, growing things and hiking (when I can't ride), I have 3 children ages 23, 21, and 16 hence the need to keep "having" babies. I have an amazing husband of 24 years who although does not share my passion for the chickens (and seems a bit nervous right now), enjoys the chicks and the eggs, tolerates Roy in the morning and stays out of the way when I start renovating and building coops.

Thank You for having me. You all are a wealth of information and fun.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Texas!

welcome-byc.gif
from UT! Glad you joined us! I hear ya', everyone thinks I'm crazy because I love my chickens. They have no idea what they are missing.

I don't really know how these things work, but someone from Napa Ca asked what part of Northern Ca I live in. I live in Redding. About an hour from Mt.Shasta and about 2 hours from the Oregon Border. A really great place to live.
big_smile.png
I have been to Napa (wine tasting of course
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom